- We specialise in Tier 1 (Investor) visa category
- You need realistic and useful advice? Then you have come to the right place
- Please speak to one of our advisors
The Tier 1 (Investor) visa is designed for high net worth individuals who want to relocate themselves and their family to the UK. Only a few hundred of these visas are granted per year and very few immigration firms have a consistent track record in Investor visa applications. We have been preparing Investor applications for more than 10 years.
The Tier 1 (Investor) visa category applies to the main applicant and all immediate family members, including spouse and children under the age of 18. Initially, investor visa is granted for three years and four months and can then be extended for another two years, by providing evidence that an investment of at least £ 2 million was made in the UK. There is no requirement to demonstrate English language ability. Work, study and business activity is permitted. The length of time required to qualify for permanent residence depends on the amount of investment, as follows:
- Investment of £2 million – eligibility for indefinite leave to remain after 5 years in the UK
- Investment of £ 5 million – eligibility for indefinite leave to remain after 3 years in the UK
- Investment of £ 10 million – eligibility for indefinite leave to remain after 2 years in the UK
The number of days that the applicant is permitted to spend outside of the UK has been increased to 180 days per year. Applicants in the first category are eligible to apply for British citizenship after having spent 6 years in the country, while those in the second and third categories are eligible to apply after 5 years of residence in the UK.